Steam problems... Resolutions? Delight help...

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English 10 Forum

KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed, 17. Dec 08, 20:07
x3tc

Steam bug... Resolutions? Please help...

Ok... After failing( miserably) in finding X3 TC in Rome, I finally got to create a Steam account in order to download the game... Strangely I can't... I know I'm a monkey and then perchance the trouble is in me... Here's the trouble... When I endeavor to submit my data, it tells me to 'verify your humanity past re-entering the characters below'.... I know I'g not homo, simply I'm still a humanoid... Anyways, what exactly are 'the characters below? I re-enter the letters before the understanding... Then, after I 'verify my humanity', it tells me that 'Your account creation asking failed, please attempt again later'. I try again later some fourth dimension and the same thing happens... Soooo... What's the problem?

Last edited past KillingMonkey on Sun, 28. Dec 08, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

To each, his own.


User avatar

Saetan
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed, 1. Feb 06, xx:26
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 16:34

I can't remember, that I had something similar this, when I registered to STEAM some months ago. Merely I think, that's only a Bot-Protection for STEAM to prevent automated registrations.

Is somewhere a motion-picture show shown, with some letters and digits in them? Did you lot enter them correctly ... Case-Sensitive?
If not, possibly you demand a plugin similar wink or something else for your browser?


KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Midweek, 17. Dec 08, xx:07
x3tc

Post past KillingMonkey » Fri, 26. December 08, 16:39

There was a picture with messages and digits and I think that's what it means past 're-entering the chatacters below'... I did enter them correctly and all... Hmmmm.....
It keeps telling me to try and create an acc afterwards... Don't know why... :( :( .... I'm getting drastic...

To each, his ain.


andrewas
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu, 10. Mar 05, 22:04
x3tc

Post past andrewas » Friday, 26. Dec 08, 18:25

Its called a captcha, and I registered on Steam before they introduced it, so I haven't seen this 1 in item. Ive heard that its a hard one. Good practise is to provide an audio version of these things which should exist easier to interpret.


KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Midweek, 17. Dec 08, 20:07
x3tc

Mail service by KillingMonkey » Fri, 26. December 08, 18:37

Don't think the problem's in the capcha or whatever it'south called... I think it's in the fact that information technology tells me 'Your account creation request failed, please try once again afterward'... Is the capcha supposed to be capitalized or will regular messages do?

To each, his own.


User avatar

Saetan
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed, 1. February 06, twenty:26
x4

Postal service by Saetan » Fri, 26. December 08, 21:19

You normally have to enter the letters exactly as shown. If they are capitalized, enter them and so ... if not, don't. If y'all are sure, that you entered them every bit shown ... do you have cookies in your browser disabled? Maybe that causes the problem.



User avatar

Tsar_of_Cows
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sabbatum, 31. January 04, 15:38
x3

Post past Tsar_of_Cows » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 20:26

There may be a long cool down between failed attempts. Try again tomorrow. Also if the captcha allows you to listen to an audio version, try that (with the audio turned upwardly, sometimes they're hard to hear).


DeadlyDarkness
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri, 28. Jul 06, xix:36
x3tc

Post past DeadlyDarkness » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 21:xviii

Where practise you alive? It might have some bearing on whether y'all tin can create an business relationship or not. Try inbound where you alive equally say United States. It will probably mean you take to purchase things in dollars, only that may be preferable if y'all live in an eastern european state, where there are generally massive issues with getting concord of stuff anyway.


H.F._Mudd
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed, 16. November 05, xiii:34
x3tc

Mail service by H.F._Mudd » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 21:36

KillingMonkey wrote: Ok.... Tried makin an acc from the program itself and information technology really worked (It did tell me the e-mail was already in use only I cancelled out that other user, I'm having my monkey assassins track him down now).... Trouble taken care of.... FINALLY!!!!

Aye, sure it's taken care of... When you lot get to the Terran sectors accept some screen caps and post them...

I'll believe y'all have a copy of TC when I see monkeys fly out of Uranus! 8)

Wanderin' the wastelands...


KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed, 17. Dec 08, 20:07
x3tc

Mail by KillingMonkey » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 10:35

Unfortunately I'thou encountering more than and more problems...... Later on creating an account, which past now I consider the easy role, I traied [and failed( who'd accept guessed?)] purchasing TC.... When I got to the credit bill of fare office things got messy... The organization doesn't accept ANY of the cards I imput... I don't know why, everything I imput is (supposed to be) correct... And I just gotta ask- what's with that info they're trying to pull out of ya... I mean at every other site they just enquire you for your credit card number, your name and exparation engagement... Hither information technology'due south like a 60'south interrogation... The only matter they don't enquire about is your blood type... :o :o .... Anyways... Whatever and whichever, menu I imput it tells me that the cards' company doesn't allow the transaction due to a incorrect accost provided.... What's with that?

To each, his own.


User avatar

supakillaii
Posts: 1217
Joined: Monday, 19. November 07, twenty:52
xr

Mail by supakillaii » Sun, 28. December 08, 12:00

Wrong address provided... Accept you moved and forgot to report the new accost to CCCompany?


KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed, 17. Dec 08, 20:07
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sun, 28. December 08, 12:58

I oasis't moved since I was 3.... I think the problem is that I'm purchasing the product from hither, Doha, Qatar, and not from my homecountry, Bulgaria... Strangely I can't effigy how that could be a problem.... I tried with a Qatari card and information technology withal didn't work... Same address problem....

To each, his ain.


User avatar

supakillaii
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon, 19. Nov 07, 20:52
xr

Mail service by supakillaii » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 13:11

Y'all put the address similar it is on the christmas cards yous go (For Example)


KillingMonkey
Posts: 213
Joined: Wednesday, 17. Dec 08, 20:07
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Dominicus, 28. Dec 08, 14:fifteen

I know how I'm supposed to put the accost, problem is that Qatar doesn't have a zip code and and so there's the problem with the fact that the organization doesn't accept my Bulgarian cards because somehow information technology knows that I'grand currently not in Republic of bulgaria... When I un-tick the part with 'I currently alive in the state higher up' it cindly asks me to tick it... Hmmm... I'm getting frustrated and mainly pissed....

To each, his own.